It was built in 1875 in late gothic style with the elements inspired by the oriental architecture. Because of fire, it was repaired in 1905-1906. The synagogue is a simple building with Moorish elements. It served to a small group of orthodox believers, it represents a typical example of the 19th century provincial synagogical architecture. Women´s gallery standing on six cast-iron columns, sanctuary (aron hakodesh) and an original rich Moorish ceiling painting are still well-preserved in the interior. The synagogue has been reconstructed for several years but it is continuously used for various cultural events. After the reconstruction it is aimed to make it a permanent exhibition of masterpieces from the Museum of Jewish Culture in Bratislava in women´s gallery. It is possible to enter the building with the TIC employee.